This week I’m glad to talk my friend Patrick Searle about what is happening in Southeast Asia. Patrick co-founded content marketing network GetCRAFT; they have developed an online marketplace connecting specialist creators such as journalists, writers, videographers, photographers on one end with advertisers, brands and communications agencies on the other.
After spending time working in China, Patrick travelled around Southeast Asia and based himself in Indonesia. Jakarta is increasing becoming known in the industry for having a young and vibrant startup and design scene.
On the strength of their success in Indonesia, GetCRAFT announced a few months ago in late 2016 that they were expanding to new countries in Southeast Asia, starting with The Philippines.
Having known Patrick since when we used to chat during morning coffee meetups of strategic planners and whoever was up for joining. I’d been looking forward to talking to him about his experience of Southeast Asia and transiting from working in quite traditional advertising as a strategic planner to launching GetCRAFT.
A few of the links / info mentioned:
- GetCRAFT on Twitter
- Patrick Searle on Twitter
- Likemind (While the site isn’t particularly active, the idea is still around)
- Noah Brier
- Creative Mornings
- Guangxi Province
- CIC Data Shanghai
- Anomaly London
- Wieden + Kennedy Shanghai
- Social @Ogilvy Jakarta
- Lynx (Axe) body spray marketing launch in China BBH / Flamingo case study
- Endeavor Indonesia
- Jakarta Content Marketing Meetup
- Philippines Content Marketing Meetup
- Deep fried durian ice cream
- Avocado chocolate smoothies
- Le Quartier, French bistro in Jakarta
- GO-JEK Indonesia