I had an absolutely fantastic 2011. I started traveling, leaving in February this is what I’ve done:
You can view the whole list of places I’ve been here. I’ve been wanting to go on a trip like this for a very long time and I’m loving it so much it’s not over.
Here’s a list of some cool things I accomplished in 2011, in bullet points and no order:
- I visited 7 countries in Asia and altogether traveled a pretty impressive 22,845 miles (36,765km), a lot of it overland in Southeast Asia
- I caught up with one of my very best friends I hadn’t seen in 4 years
- I grew a beard for the first time. Then shaved it
- I spent time with my lovely baby niece, my little brother and his girlfriend in Laos
- I learned to scuba dive and fell in love with it
- I did nothing, for hours on end. Watching life go by and observing people in different countries
- I helped sort out a pretty important family crisis early in the year
- I started officially working for myself while traveling
- I kickstarted the first Beersphere planner meetup in Singapore
- I joined the Heather‘s team to crunch numbers for the annual Planner Survey
- I started taking care of my health, for several things that were overdue
- I lost 16 kilos (2.5 stone) though of course regained a bit while staying with my parents
- I met some truly amazing people on the way and made new friends
- I read a bunch of books
- I hitch-hiked for the first time since I was like 16 years old
- I got myself in a fight for the third time of my life
- I partied!
- I had some fantastic food
- I spent time with my parents and my family in France
- I started a pretty ambitious plan of organising an event it’s still work in progress
- I became a digital nomad.
2011 was such a great year. So much fun, so many new experiences.
2012 is looking good too, I’m soon going to start traveling again. First catching up with more friends and family in Europe and then more travels in Asia. My first faraway stop should be to visit my older brother in the Maldives, which I’m really looking forward to. I can’t wait to see what awaits this year.